It’s been almost a year since I started this blog but some of you don’t know me personally or even at all but you come back time and time again to read my posts and that’s very sweet so I thought I should list a few ‘annoying’ things about me just in case anyone thinks I’m in anyway always 100% adorable.
- I multitask when I watch movies or series or TV in general: I cannot sit still to watch a movie no matter how good it is. I have to play candy crush soda or 2048 alternatively. Sometimes I even sneak a few pages or chapters of books.
- I almost always forget to return a call: if I’m not expecting your call and I miss it either by mistake or on purpose depending on my mood, I may never return it. It’s not because I hate you or something, I just forgot.
- My room is mostly unorganised: I start and abandon projects with the snap of a finger so on one corner you may find shorts that I was sewing on another corner a facial mask that I was in the process of making and on my bed you could find my drawing book with half a dress or face or whatever I was drawing and my journal where I have scribbled from corner to corner. It is mostly because my brain is so much faster than my hands so when this idea comes, while I’m at it a new one comes and before you know it, I live in a jungle of clothes and books and whatever ideas I have tools for…
- I might be a hoarder?( I’m not sure): I don’t know exactly when it started but it has started and I’m living it. I keep things that bring back memories no matter how useless the things may seem; receipts, a pebble, the dress I wore for my primary school dance (except it had been stolen after the dance and wouldn’t even fit me), my very first glasses that broke, my very first secret diary even though everything is written in pencil and is very well faded and I had a code that I can no longer read, etc
- I cannot let wrongly pronounced words go, I just can’t 😢: disclaimer!! I also pronounce words incorrectly. I just find it very difficult to not correct my friends and those close to me when they speak or pronounce words wrongly. Most have reiterated how annoying it is but that’s just me and sometimes I do it at the wrongest times but I still love you it’s just a huge pet peeve of mine and the fact that I love when people correct my mispronounced words makes it hard for me to understand why people don’t like it. Anyway I’m reducing the way I do that. Now, I just hold it in if I know correcting them wouldn’t change anything if that makes sense…
And that’s the end of some ‘annoying’ things about me I can remember. Can you relate to any? This post is intended to lighten up you mood with the constant rain that hinders you plan for the day to the harsh rays of sun or whatever is making your day not so pleasant…
Chidimma Akubue ❤
P.s I might follow up this post with random facts about me sometime.